Sunday, June 7, 2009

The Zoo and Insectarium

I have had a super busy month of June, and I am sorry for neglecting my blog. I am going to do my best to play catch up today, and then I will stay up to date. I will try. I promise...

Trent and Jack loved the zoo and insectarium. Trent still talks about the bug place or the bug store. The zoo was very nice. It happened to be an overcast day, so we didn't burn up. Trent enjoyed the gorillas the most. He is still a chicken and wouldn't pet the animals. The only one we could get him to touch was a goat. Baby steps, right?

Here are Trent and Jack in front of the fountain at the front of the zoo. Trent counted the hippos and elephants to tell us how many there were.


Here is Jack in front of the real elephants.


Trent always likes the monkeys best! Monkey see, monkey do!


Trent thought it was cool to get this close to the tortoise.


Nana, Pop, Trent, and Jack are monkeying around. Or is that Matt and Joan too?

We went to the zoo in the morning. Then we ate lunch and headed to the Insectarium. It is new to New Orleans since Katrina. I thought that it might give me the creepy crawlies, but it wasn't bad at all. Here are some pics from there.


There was a Louisiana exhibit in the Insectarium. When I was taking a picture of these baby alligators, one jumped and snapped at me. It was scary to me but funny to everyone else around.


Matt was being attacked in the Louisiana exhibit too.


This was Trent's favorite part. It's the same game they have at Chuck E. Cheese, but it was free to play. He played it a bunch!


Here is Trent with a giant bug!


Trent pointed at millipedes

No comments:

Post a Comment