Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Trent's 5 Year Checkup

I had Trent's checkup planned out for weeks. I would keep him home and spend the day with him. We would do fun Mommy/Son stuff all day. Then we would go for the checkup, and we would leave after his shots to go get a gourmet cupcake from GiGi's.

Well, as usual my plans did not work out. Jack got sick, and I had to take him to the doctor with us. This was not good because I really wanted to give Trent ALL of my attention on this day. Needless to say, he did not get it.


Jack cried the whole time we waited. What did I expect? He's sick...

We had to wait awhile, but Dr. Ellis finally came in. He checked out Jack first and wrote prescriptions. Then he moved on to Trent.


Trent loves to make silly faces for the camera...

Trent is healthy and is such a good patient.

Then it was time...

I decided to tell Trent what was going to happen before the nurse came in the room. He was scared, but not as scared as I thought he would be. He took the first couple of shots pretty well, but then he tensed up. After four shots, the tears were rolling pretty fast and hard. He finally calmed down after getting his stickers on the way out the door.

He was so good, and there was no way I could not get that boy a cupcake. Now if you live in Memphis, you understand me when I say that I hate Poplar Ave. I can't stand driving that busy street with its super narrow lanes, but I did it. I did it for my BIG BOY! He picked out his cupcake, and we headed home.


How yummy does that look? It looks like a sugar crazed 5 year-old waiting to happen...


With all that icing, did you really expect him to keep his face clean?

We did have a few shot related freak out moments, but all ended well. He got a pretty big knot on his leg from when he tensed up. And a week later, he got a pretty bad rash from the MMR. But now all is good! I love my BIG BOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment