Sunday, October 3, 2010

Kids say and do the funniest things (in hindsight)...

I thought it would be funny to list a few of Matt and my status updates regarding our kids over the last few weeks.

Enjoy...

Joan: "Did you poo-poo?"
Jack: "Pee-Poo"
Joan: "Poo-Poo"
Jack: "PEE-Poo"
Trent: "Momma, Pee-Poo is like when you have diarrhea."

Matt Gatewood was forced to have a mid-week drink due to Jack pooping in the tub.

my past 5 minutes: Jack pours brodie's water on himself, Trent tries to dig into a box (with Christmas presents in it) that is at the front door, and i step in a brodie turd while comforting Jack/chastising Trent. Living the dream!

Watching Under the Great White Northern Lights (White Stripes concert documentary) and enjoying watching Jack (Gatewood and White) rock out and listening to Trent playing the RockBand drums upstairs.

Me: "If Alex (new neighborhood kid) invites you into his house, are you going to go in?"
Trent: "Yeah."
Me: "No Trent...you don't know him very well, so you shouldn't go in his house."
Trent: (waits a beat) "I didn't know you and mommy very well when I was born either."

So I'm droppong off a movie at the redbox! and I hear Trent yell, "Daddy...you forgot my nuts!!!!"
I ran through ang got him a sundae because he has been good at school. It came with a little bag of peanuts, and I told him I would pour them when I stopped.

So I'm on the floor working on a puzzle with Jack as he eats a cheese biscuit. He keeps walking over and putting his belly in my face...so I start acting like I am biting him. He loves it and is laughing harder and harder...until finally he laughs so hard that he spews chewed up biscuit chunks everywhere...including ...my eyes and IN my mouth. Parenthood...gotta love it.

Trent decides he needs an electric toothbrush. He tells me how much better my electric one works. It then occurs to me that it was out of place this morning. I asked if he used it last night. Of course he did. He insisted on using it tonight. Not having the energy to fight, I said fine. As if that isn't gross enough, ...he spit out the toothpaste & wiped it back up with the toothbrush and continued brushing. Awesome.

Helping Trent with his homework. Tonight he has to trace, color, and then identify a set of 8 shapes. He has most of them down...but thinks a trapezoid is a leotard.

Is at Lenny's with Jack to eat dinner, and boy is he putting on a show for the employees. I just told him it was time to go, and he screamed, "NOT COOL!" You should have heard the laughs from his audience.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE - LOVE - LOVE my grandsons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very glad to see your blog since every thing you described in simple and systematic manner.So that readers and visitors easily attracted to your blogs.It gives great opportunity to learn on new developments. How do people become drug addicts?

    ReplyDelete