Sunday, August 23, 2009

Catch Up Time

I know, I know, I know.... I have neglected my blog. I am going to try to play catch up with this post, and I will try to be better in the future. It has been a crazy busy month for me.

First of all, Jack and Trent both moved on up at daycare. On August 3, Jack moved to the toddler room and Trent moved to Pre-K. I was a little upset about Jack moving seeing how he really isn't a toddler yet, but it is working out ok. The only problem is that he has become a biter. I see it as his defense mechanism because he can't walk yet, and all the other "toddlers" are walking. I am sure that it will all work out in the end, and Trent did teach him how to bite, after all.

I think Pre-K is awesome for Trent. He is earning smiley faces each day for his good behavior, so we try to reward him on a weekly basis for his good behavior at school. The first week we went out to eat at the "Armadillo Place." The next week Matt got him a toy.

On a side note, Trent's first day in Pre-K he came home saying the "Nap Fairy" brought him a treat. Of course, I was taken aback. I thought the Nap Fairy only came to our house, and we told Trent that she did not go to school. BUT, I guess I was wrong. Trent got a pencil from the Nap Fairy on his first day. He did keep asking me how she got so close to him on his cot (since she left his treats at home downstairs). It was cute and funny.

In the last month, I have also started back to school. It is going to be a great, yet busy year. I haven't left work before 5:00 on a single day, but with three preps it takes some time. I am teaching 7th grade enriched language arts, 8th grade APEX (gifted) language arts, and 8th grade science.

I guess those are all of the high points of this month... If I think of anything else, I will make a new entry. Sorry that I have been such a slacker...

No comments:

Post a Comment