Sunday, August 2, 2009

Outdoor Birthday Parties = Rain Every Time

We planned Jack's party to be a swimming party and picked out super cute invitations for it. I didn't stress about this party like I have in the past for Trent's parties. Fran says it's because he is the second child, but I think that I just don't worry about the small stuff anymore. We worked hard to get the house ready for the party in case of rain, and guess what? It rained. We had a fun time, and the big kids swam in the rain anyway, so it was a success. Jack loved every minute of the smash cake. He ate nearly the WHOLE thing, and he cried and cried when we took it away.


Here were the Treat Bags - always the hit of a party. If you have never made Treat Bags, they are a great way to get kids to leave a party without throwing a fit.


It's my birthday! Party like it's my birthday! Jack has his "new" remote and phone from Nana and Pop.


I love this expression! It looks like he is saying, "Who? Me?"


The big kids loved swimming! Who cares if it rains. You get wet anyway!


Jack before cake wearing his cute bib made by Robin


Jack after cake - and this isn't the worst of it! :)


The big kids enjoying cupcakes and ice cream


Jack got a piggy bank from Nana and Pop! Surprise! Surprise!


Christopher had to show Jack how something worked


Jack was tired after a long day of partying. I took a similar picture of Trent on his first birthday! Sweet boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment