Sunday, September 20, 2009

When All Else Fails, Stick It Up Your Nose??? Really?

Ok, if you have read my blog in the past, I am sure you remember the crayon up the nose incident. Well, I guess that enough time has passed for Trent to forget that he should never put anything up his nose!!!

Trent has been quite the handful this weekend. He seems to think that whining is the way to get what you want, when actually that is the way to guarantee you won't get anything. Well, today Matt put Trent in time-out for his constant whining. While in time-out, we heard Trent make a weird squeal. We weren't quite sure what happened, and he seemed fine, so we left him alone.

After a couple of minutes, we told him he was free. The first thing he said was, "My nose hurts." This was the same thing he said when he had a crayon lodged up his nose, so that is the first thing we thought about.

Matt asked, "Did you put something up your nose?"
Trent replied, "Yes."
Matt again, "What was it?"
Trent, "I don't know... It was blue."

I told Matt to get the flashlight while I headed to get the tweezers. Luckily, we could see it up there, and after three attempts, I was able to pull it out.
It looked like a folded fleur de lis. Here is the picture that we took.


After we unfolded it, we realized it was a bird. We have no idea where it came from, but at least Trent didn't suck it up into his brain. Then he really would be a bird brain! When will he learn?

1 comment:

  1. I just want to know.... who unfolded the bird??? I'm betting it wasn't Matt!

    Later..
    Fran

    ReplyDelete