Sunday, October 4, 2009

Kids = Messes

Ok... So we moved into this house right before Jack was born, and it had a few baby proofed areas already. A few cabinets in the kitchen were locked down, outlet covers, and a baby gate on the stairs came with the house.

Well, Jack started walking a couple of months ago which has meant that our house goes from clean to a mess in mere seconds. Very recently, he has started pulling things out of the cabinets that aren't locked down.



I took all of his baby food in jars out of the cabinet so that he couldn't break them. I just put them up on the counter out of his reach. Well, his Nana came for a visit last weekend, and she helped me by cleaning up a few things - like putting the baby food back in the cabinet. I am sure that you can guess what happened. By the end of the day, we had cleaned up two broken baby food jars and returned the others back to the counter.

After those two episodes, I told Matt that baby proofing the kitchen was a priority ASAP.

On Monday night, Jack started running a fever. Matt stayed home with him on Tuesday and took him to see Dr. Ellis. He has another upper respiratory infection, so he got some Zithromax and Donatussin. I stayed home on Wednesday with him.

Overall, he was pretty good that day. He played independently, and we watched some Barney (his favorite thing EVER). Nana called, so I went to sit on the couch and talk. Next thing I know, I hear glass scraping against more glass. I ran into the kitchen just in time to see one of my favorite Pyrex dishes in Jack's hands. I said, "No, Jack." Then Jack chucked the bowl and glass flew everywhere.



Then the crying started. I walked barefooted through the glass to get my screaming baby boy, and I put him in the high chair while I commenced to cleaning the kitchen floor.



Needless to say, I got Jack dressed and headed to Target. We bought safety locks for the cabinets.



On another note...
We have started letting Trent dress himself for bed. This makes for some funny pajama outfits - Batman shirt with Mickey Mouse shorts, Christmas shirt, with Spiderman pants, etc. One night last week, Trent came out in a Spiderman shirt (I think) and black Batman pants. We told him to go brush his teeth, and when he came back his pants were covered in white. Of course, I asked, "What did you do?"

When I went into the bathroom, I saw that he had dumped an entire bottle of baby powder out in my bathroom. Luckily, it was a small bottle.







So, my theory stands true...

KIDS = MESSES

No comments:

Post a Comment