Thursday, July 15, 2010

Trip to Nanny & Papaw's

Matt has taken a couple of guy trips this summer. This weekend he went to Craig's lake house in Alabama with a bunch of his BBQ team buddies.

I decided to take the kiddos to my parents' house in Centreville, MS. After the last few road trips, this was very BRAVE of me. I loaded up both kids, the dog, and tons of stuff to make the trek down south.

Overall, the trip was uneventful. I planned well. :) We stopped in Jackson at Matt's parents' house to let the kids eat and take potty breaks. Then we got back n the road. We made it to Centreville mid afternoon, and the fun began. :)

As soon as we made it, the kids headed outside to the deck to play with Papaw's trucks. Then they made their way to where Papaw was picking blueberries and helped.


Jack hindered the process more than helping, but he had a great time.

While we were in the house, my parents' unofficial pet came by for a visit. They feed all of the stray cats in the neighborhood, and now it seems they have adopted a new stray.


I forgot what they named him... Stripes, maybe?

On our second day in Centreville, we hit the town. We went to the Camp Van Dorn Museum. I learned alot and got some great pictures of stuff in case I ever teach Social Studies again.

Here is a picture of Jack with a shell that was almost as big as him.


Here is a picture of the patch that my Daddy got in the Air Force. He was stationed in Okinawa way back when.


On our third day in C'ville, we enjoyed some time in the backyard.

I laughed when I caught the boys like this. This was NOT staged. :)

Then we packed up and headed to Ferriday, Lousiana, and Lake St. John to see Mike and Norma Jean Price, my parents' oldest friends.

On the way, we stopped in Natchez at my parents' favorite store. I have heard them say Dirt Cheap so much that I just had to see the store.

It was nothing special... :)

We made it to Mike and Norma Jean's house mid afternoon. The kids loved all of the toys they had for their grandchildren.


They were so cute riding this tricycle together.

On the way to Ferriday, we had hoped that the kids would take a nap. We were WRONG. Jack was really grouchy, so Mike and Jean suggested we take a boat ride to calm him down.


Here are Mike, Trent, and Papaw on the boat ride.


Jack eventually headed to Papaw's lap.


Mike kept telling Trent to look for alligators. Then Jean showed him the Lake Monster. Cecil St. John doesn't like too far from Mike and Jean's pier.


Norma Jean had fun showing Trent the monster, and he didn't know what to think.

Eventually, Jack did fall asleep on the ride. We headed back towards their house when it got cloudy and thundered.

We enjoyed a yummy dinner at their house, and then headed back to Centreville.

On Sunday, we went to church and headed back to Lakeland. Here are a couple more pictures from the weekend.


The boys love Papaw. He's a good pusher on the swing.


Brodie loves it Nanny and Papaw's - lots of squirrels, cats, and raccoons to chase. Plus Papaw cook good food and shares. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment