Wednesday, February 15, 2017

The Polar Express 2016

I had lots of friends take their children on the Polar Express last year, and I thought it would be fun. However, I kept telling myself that Trent would not want to go. I thought he was too old or too cool for it. BUT, I asked anyway. Would y'all like to go on the Polar Express?
YES!
Really?
YES!
Ok, if we are doing this, we are are going to do it BIG. I logged into the website and booked the Diamond Package. I also purchased the book to be waiting on them when we got there.
Then I told Matt that wearing pajamas was a requirement. We HAD to wear them, too.
He AGREED!
Of course, I was only joking, but it was like a Christmas miracle to me because my husband actually wanted to go. He is my bah humbug baby. He does not get in the Christmas spirit, but he seemed to actually WANT to do this. I was SO excited, probably more excited than the kids.
I went and bought them new pajama bottoms at Bass Pro Shops at the Pyramid to start. This is the first year that I did not buy them matching Christmas pajamas, and it was tough.
So the day came. We loaded up and headed to Batesville, Mississippi to hop aboard the Polar Express.





We went to pick up our tickets and look through the cute town square. It was pretty cold, so we didn't hang out for too long. We found our train car and anxiously waited for our boarding call.
We were on the top floor of a double decker car with huge windows. The boys thought it was so cool (and so did I).





We started the trip with music from the movie, and the conductor came around and punched the boys tickets. It was very interactive and fun. Matt even sang along to the music (probably to embarrass the boys as much as anything).

We had servers bring us hot chocolate and cookies and they held the book as it was read aloud over the speakers. The boys followed along in their books.













The ride was fun. The only downside was that we were not on the side where you could see the North Pole. I think that was good because it is supposed to be better at night. If you get the chance to make this fun trip, shoot for an evening ride to get the best experience.

Once we left the North Pole and Santa and his elves were on board, there was more fun to be had. Santa came around and sat and talked to all of the boys and girls. The elves gave all of the boys and girls the signature Polar Express bell.















All in all, it was a great experience!

1 comment: