Monday, April 20, 2009

Turtles and Tattoos

Saturday, April 18th was Melasond's birthday. We talked all week about what we could do to celebrate, and we kept coming up with NOTHING. Diane, a fellow teacher, had a surprise party on Saturday night for her 60th birthday. I talked Mel into going, promising that we would do something good after the party.

I made Mel a cake, chocolate with white icing. I tried to decorate it too. It looked like a 3 year old did it, but it did taste good.

Mel and Floyd came over early, and we ate her birthday cake and mint chocolate chip ice cream for supper. Healthy, I know. Then we headed to Diane's party.

We enjoyed watching Diane's surprise, and we enjoyed some food and beverages at the party. We even got our men on the dance floor for a couple of songs. It was lots of fun.

Then we said our goodbyes to everyone at the party and loaded up in the Yukon. We started brainstorming about what we could do... bowling? no
Then Floyd said, "Let's go to the tattoo parlor." Mel and I agreed, just thinking it was a good way to waste some time (at least that's what I thought at that time).

When we got there, we started browsing. I have thought about getting a tattoo for years, and I always knew that if I did it, I would get a turtle. We looked and looked and looked. I found several turtles that I did not like. Then Mel found an area that had tattoos we both liked. Right then, we both decided to do it! We filled out the paperwork and sat in the chairs. I don't know about Mel, but I was super nervous.

I decided to get my tattoo on my foot. Mel got hers on her neck.

My tattoo artist was very detailed. He wanted the coloring to be just right.

I was super nervous.... Can you tell?

Mel was super quiet while that needle was on her neck...

Here's my little friend. Got any suggestions for a name?

No comments:

Post a Comment