Monday, May 4, 2009

Trent is 4!

Beginning in February, we started asking Trent what kind of birthday party he wanted. For the first few weeks, he kept saying Iron Man. Then we went through Spiderman and Batman phases. When we were close to a month from his party, he settled on Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. That's when I began my quest - to have an awesome TMNT party. We planned to have the party at our house in the backyard. We booked a Moonbounce and made other outdoor plans.

A few weeks in advance, I ordered the stuff for the "Treat Bags." I decided to make mini pizza boxes instead of bags since the TMNT eat pizza. Here are some pics of the finished product.

Here is the top of the box. Matt found this awesome picture for the tops.


Here is a view from the side.


Here is the box filled with all of the cool TMNT stuff.

Matt won an Ebay auction of original TMNT cards, so I opened the packages and removed the 20-year-old gum. Then I taped them back and put them in the boxes. I also put other TMNT gear like stickers, little turtles, and candy.

We were so excited a week before the party because the weathermen were calling for sunny skies. Boy, were they wrong! Matt and my parents worked so hard in the yard on Friday, only to wake up to rain. We scrambled to get the house ready for an inside party. We borrowed the Trustys' small Moonbounce, bought an inflatable basketball goal, bought and filled a pinata, and Floyd dressed as a Ninja Turtle for us. Overall, the kids seemed to have a great time. It was a little crowded and loud, but we are thankful that we didn't have to cancel. There is NO WAY we could have pulled this party off at our old house. Here are some of the good pics of the party. I may add some more in a new post as I edit more.


My brother Ken with Michelangelo (Floyd in costume)


Michelangelo giving Jack five!


Trent loved all the TMNT presents he got at his party!


Trent had fun hitting the pinata! We blindfolded the kids for while and then we just let them whack away at it! That thing was tough!


Jack did not understand what that big turtle was. I wish this picture showed his expression.

1 comment:

  1. As usual - ya'll had a great party! I love that neither of you ever appears to be "frazzled!"

    ReplyDelete