Friday, July 17, 2009

Snakes, McDonald's, and Swimming

Well, while I was blogging earlier, Matt was busy mowing. In the process of moving our basketball goal he made a discovery - a snake. He ran in to get me to come and look at it. I am not a fan of snakes, so this was not my favorite thing to do. We took a couple of pictures, and then I told Matt to kill the thing. It took a few times with the shovel to finally cut its head off, but RIP snakey poo. You are not welcome at this house.

Here is the snake while he still had his head. (Garter Snake)

Trent studying the snake from a distance

Headless Snake

The Great Snake Hunter (Matt), his apprentice (Trent), and the kill

I have to admit that I lack motivation right now. So while Matt was busy working, I decided to pick up dinner. The boys and I rode to Taco Bell to get Matt dinner. Then we hit Mickey D's for the boys and me. Jack had his first McDonald's today. Wow, how things change with your second child. I think Trent was two before he got McDonald's.

Jack wasn't so sure what to think at first...

But he decided that he liked it!

I mailed Jack's 1st birthday party invitations today, and now we are preparing for his first birthday and our first swimming party. We have been working with Trent for a few nights now on swimming. I taught him how to blow bubbles, monkey crawl along the wall, and practice. He is getting better and better each night.

Here is Trent swimming to Matt

Swimmng back to the steps

He even jumps in the pool and swims to the steps. My brave little man!

No comments:

Post a Comment