Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Jack's First Haircut

Well, the time has finally come. People are assuming Jack is a girl because of his long curls, and when I take his jacket and hat off at school his hair stands on end from the static.

Trent has basketball pictures on Thursday, so he needed a haircut too.

I picked them up from daycare and headed to Funcuts to see Mr. Brian. He has cut Trent's hair since his 2nd haircut, and he refuses to go to anyone else. I really expected Jack to be a handful, but things turned out better than I expected for once. :)

We got to Funcuts a couple of minutes early, so I took a couple of pictures of Trent and Jack before the haircuts.

Sweet brothers


The back of Jack's hair was beginning to look like a mullet.


He was really cute with it long, but I didn't want him to have a complex because people were calling him a girl.

Once inside the boys played in the waiting area until Mr. Brian was ready for them. I decided to let Jack go first since he might get tired if he went second. Mr. Brian put him in the chair and started laughing at how long his hair was.


He made a mohawk to show how much hair Jack had.

Then he asked what Jack wanted to watch on TV during his cut. I, of course, said, "Barney." Jack was cute. He didn't cry at all. He did scrunch his shoulders when the clippers tickled his neck. Overall, he was great.


Mr. Brian let Jack hold a dinosaur toy.


He sat up like a big boy the whole time.


Jack and Mr. Brian after the haircut.

At Funcuts, after a haircut the child gets a sucker and a treat from the drawers.


Jack got a banana sucker that he really liked.

On the way out he got an orange balloon that he kept calling a "ball."

I can't believe my baby boy is growing up so fast.... :(

No comments:

Post a Comment