Tuesday, February 9, 2010

That Snow Dance Worked... Too Well!!!

So we didn't realize that the snow dance we did back on January 6th would last for the rest of the winter. I have never seen so much snow! It is ridiculous. As of February 9th, we have had 5 snow days. Now we are trying to figure out a way to make it STOP snowing. It has been crazy. Here are a few of the good pictures from all of our snow days of 2010...


Here are the boys before their first time to play outside in the snow/ice of 2010.


This is why I called it the snow/ice of 2010. There was about an inch of ice/sleet and then about a 1/4 inch of snow on top.


Trent liked to pick up the ice and throw it to watch it break into lots of pieces.


Jack didn't know what the think about it.


I grabbed a pool toy out of the playhouse and pulled the boys around on it for awhile.

Then the neighbors came outside and offered to let us borrow their sled. I pulled the boys around on it for awhile, and then I woke Matt up to sled with them. They went to the top of the big hill coming into our neighborhood.

They all hopped on the sled and started down the hill.


Here they are at the bottom. Matt said that it was lots of fun, but by this time Jack was getting cold. He whined everytime one of his mittens fell off.

Our next snowfall was the right kind. The kids got to actually make snowballs and a snowman. They enjoyed it too.


Jack seems to think this snowman is a touchdown! Yay!!!


It is really hard to get a good picture of two boys at the same time...


Like I said before....

I really hope that I don't have to blog about anymore snow because I would like to blog more this summer about swimming instead. Keep your fingers crossed for me. :)

1 comment: