Sunday, March 21, 2010

Fishing

It took the whole spring break before the weather decided to be nice. We were excited about being able to do some outdoor activity. The Sanduskys called and asked us to go fishing, so we decided that would be a great Saturday. They told us about a lake that his really close to our house. We met them there on Saturday morning, and the fun began.


Floyd is a great teacher. He taught Trent how to cast. Of course, Matt and Floyd spent a ton of time untangling his line or baiting his hook, but he seemed to have fun.


Jack was too young to really fish, so he just walked around and pointed at stuff. He wanted to go where everyone else was, so on several occasions I had to scoop him up before he fell into the lake.


At one point, I caught Jack organizing his rock collection. I gave him Trent's tackle box, and he started putting rocks in it. He would get super irritated if a rock was too big to fit in the container. :)


Matt got a bite, so he got Trent to help him reel it in.



Trent was so proud of his fish, but he did NOT want to touch it.


I just focused on Jack because if I tried to fish, he would wander too close to the lake. Floyd was sweet and baited a pole for me. He took Jack and made me go fish for a few minutes. I had no luck, but I appreciated the thought.


Mel had some luck. She caught the biggest fish of the day.


Floyd caught one too.

On Saturday night, we bought some catfish. Floyd fileted the fish they caught, and we had a fish fry at our house. It was a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment