Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Trent's First Dentist Appointment

I know that I have been needing to take Trent to the dentist for awhile, and over spring break I finally took the initiative and did it. Matt and I made sure to make it sound like a fun adventure because we do not want him to be scared of the dentist. I got an appointment at Pediatric Dentistry in Eads. The place was awesome!

When we first got there, Trent was interesting in the waiting area, but he wouldn't leave my side. He stayed with me while I filled out all of the paperwork. Then we were called back pretty quickly.


Trent seemed really nervous, but he got up on the chair or as he called it "bed." He kept telling me about the Dora episode when she goes to the dentist. This place was so kid-friendly and fun. He lay on the chair and could watch TV.

He seemed really interested in the movie they were showing at the time.


They had this beautiful mural on the wall too. The office looked like we were in a forest. There were trees everywhere with beautiful animals painted on the walls.


The first thing we had to do was get Trent's X-rays. He was great during the whole process, but he was very glad that I was right there to make him feel safe. I just loved that they let me stay with him the whole time.


The hygienist asked Trent what flavor toothpaste he wanted - orange, cherry, or strawberry. He chose orange (which would have been my choice too). She explained everything before she started so she wouldn't scare him. He liked the "thing that sucked the water out of your mouth."


After he got his teeth cleaned, he showed me his handsome smile.

He did end up with a cavity because he can't brush his back teeth well yet. Now, I am helping him brush them. He goes back in April for his filling. Hopefully, there won't be any stress since he has been there before.

Afterwards, he told me how AWESOME his dentist is. He loved the whole experience.

He even called his Nana that night and told her all about his day. He explained about the dentist and the leprechaun that came to his class at PreK. He had a very memorable St. Patrick's Day.

1 comment:

  1. This is Lucia Trent was veryyyyyy attractive

    ReplyDelete