Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

I had a very nice Mother's Day weekend. Matt had to do "load-in" for Memphis in May BBQ Fest on Saturday, so I spent the day with the kiddos. We cleaned a little, and then we went to the grocery store. Once we were home and ate lunch, we all lay down for a nap. When I woke up Matt was home. He bought me 12 different flavors of GiGi's Cupcakes. Those things are awesome, but there was no way I was going to eat all of those without checking into the nearest hospital. I did eat the Red Velvet and the Wedding Cake cupcakes. Matt ate a couple, Trent and Jack had a couple, and I gave the rest to friends at school. It was very thoughtful.

We went shopping on Saturday night to get me a dress for the 8th grade graduation/recognition. We got the dress, and Matt bought me a new cover for my iPhone. Then we stayed up and watched Couples Retreat that night. It was pretty funny, and I enjoyed spending time with my hubby.

Matt let me sleep late on Sunday. When I got up he made me breakfast and we hung out. Once the kids were down for a nap, I went back to bed. (Lazy, I know.) Matt mowed and worked in the yard. It was a great, lazy day! Thanks to all of my boys!

Here are pictures of the gift Trent made me at school (it's a candle holder). I have also included pictures of the what was drawn and written in my card. :)


My sweet homemade gift from Trent


These are the words that Trent told Matt to write :)


Trent drew the picture of our family and my present. You will have to have him explain it to you sometime. Kids are so cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment