Monday, March 23, 2009

Broken cameras and broken plans

Well, this has been a very spontaneous spring break. Matt and I had plans to go to New Orleans leaving on Wednesday afternoon and returning on Saturday. Jack had different plans. He got an ear infection over the weekend, and I called Dr. Ellis on Monday. He referred us to Dr. Lazar, an ENT. We got an appointment for Wednesday at 1PM. We figured that we could take Jack and then drop him off with my parents at the house and head to NOLA. WRONG! Dr. Lazar said that we could schedule Jack for surgery on Thursday (see previous blog), so that's what we did.

Then we decided to try to make a overnight trip somewhere. We considered going to Hot Springs to the horse races, but that seemed too far. We considered the Shackup Inn in Clarksdale, but they were booked up. Then we figured we would just stay downtown. Nope - rooms were going for close to $300 a night, and we couldn't justify that. So we helped Joey move into his new house on Friday. Then we went to dinner with Mel and Floyd. We left there and went to Walmart to buy fishing poles. Then we went to Wranglers in Barlett and saw Nuttin' Fancy Band (my friend Clint is the lead singer).

Then Saturday we got Trent up and ready and headed to go fishing with Mel, Floyd, and Shelby. I picked up the camera to take so that we could have pictures of Trent fishing for the first time only to see that the button you use to take pictures was gone. We found it in the diaper bag, but there was no fixing it ourselves. It looks like we will be sending it off to be fixed. Then we were on the road no less than five minutes when it started raining. We went fishing anyway in the 44 degree rainy weather. Of course, we caught nothing and didn't even have a nibble. Then we headed home.

After a nap, we met David and Nicole at Bonefish for a yummy dinner. Then we went to see "I Love You, Man." That was a funny movie, and we really enjoyed it. Then we went to the Flying Saucer and enjoyed visiting with David and Nicole until about 11PM.

My parents left on Sunday. I have to say that thanks to them I (or should I saw we) accomplished A LOT. Dad put a new lock on our front door. He changed all of the light bulbs that needed replacing in the house. We took my Yukon in and got the speedometer fixed. Then I got new tires. Thanks to Nanny and PaPaw for helping so much and keeping the kids so that we could have a break. It was very nice!

So, as you can see, our luck has not been great lately. Matt is looking at getting me a new small camera this week, and right now as I type, men are here installing my new oven. Maybe our luck is turning around. We'll see!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment