Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Life Never Stands Still....

I feel bad that I haven't posted anything in a while, but I honestly have not had time to sit down and post anything. It has been another busy week in the Gatewood household. I had my second week of school. It went well. I have been feeling TONS better. It looks like the medicines are working. My only complaint has been my feet, and to be honest, my feet hurt before I got RA. That is just one of the setbacks of being a teacher. You are on your feet all day.

So here is a breakdown of our week since my last post...

Tuesday - I had bunko in Olive Branch (or the OB as we call it). Melasond and Jennifer rode with me, and we enjoyed our time with the girls.

We had a normal rest of the week. I spent a lot of the week watching the Jeffrey Scott trial. He beat his teacher wife to death. She was a teacher in Shelby County Schools too. Then on Friday, Matt went to his friend LC's house. He had a guys' night while I planned to stay at home and read Eclipse. I watched Grey's Anatomy after I got Trent down. Then I put Jack down and headed to bed. I actually only read 2 pages before my eyelids failed me. I just couldn't hold them open anymore.

Saturday, we were up pretty early and started cleaning. It was strange because Matt and I seemed to be on the same wavelength all morning. We got the house clean in record time. Then, that afternoon we headed back to the OB for Christopher Shaidnagle 's (Fred & Keeley's son) first birthday. Trent had a ball there. It was a very small party, but it was so nice.

Saturday night, my parents came up, and they let us go out for the night. We planned to go to Huey's and then to see My Bloody Valentine in 3-D with Mel and Floyd. We made it to Huey's, but the movie sold out. :( We were the loud, obnoxious table at the restaurant, and it was AWESOME. We had so much fun. Then we decided to go bowling. We headed to Bartlett Lanes and had to get on a waiting list. While in the bar waiting, we saw Jerry "The King" Lawler. It is strange how much we have seen him around Memphis. Then we bowled a game and enjoyed goofing around with that. It was a much needed fun night for us.

When we got home, we saw a present that my parents gave Trent. They used it as an incentive to get Trent out of the bath and in bed with no fussing. It was a dancing Incredible Hulk. It sings the "Hulky Pokey" Put your right fist in, put your right fist out. :) We had a good laugh at about 11:30 with that. My parents were in bed upstairs listening to us giggle and play with the toy over and over. I guess we are still kids at heart...

On Sunday, Matt's parents came up. We ran some errands that afternoon. Then we had red beans and rice for supper, and I made some homemade chocolate chip cookies for dessert.

On Monday, I had my appointment with my endocrinologist, and Matt had his appointment for the big V. We went to my appointment. We ran by Target and picked up a few things. Here is the funny part of that day. Matt felt like he needed to go to the bathroom before his appointment at 3. I am sure that it was just nerves. If you know Matt, you know that he does not like public restrooms. He wouldn't go at Target, and he decided we had enough time to run to his office and use the facilities. Well, we drove to his office, got out of the car, and then Matt remembered...He didn't have his badge. He couldn't get into the building, so we drove all that way for nothing. So we headed back to the clinic for his appointment. I was giggling most of the time because Matt was acting just like any woman acts at the OB-GYN. He was trying to get the drape to cover his butt, and as any woman knows, that just doesn't happen. :) Anyway, after about 30 minutes the Valium and Percocet started working because Matt was super laid back. He had the procedure and we were headed home by 5PM. I went to Chick Fil A and got him a milkshake for a treat. Then we went to Walgreens to pick up his pain pills and antibiotics.

My parents had kept the kids and made a great dinner of meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and peas. We enjoyed the meal, and then I started getting ready for the week.

I had my appointment with my Rheumatologist today. She has increased my Methotrexate and decreased my Prednisone. I am glad that the meds are working, and I am hoping that I can get off the Prednisone all together soon. I go back for a checkup in 6 weeks.

So, you can see that I had a busy week, and I didn't even mention work. As I said, life never stands still. I am trying to make the most of it!

I will try to be better about updating... I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment