Monday, January 5, 2009

My "First" Day

I know that today was not my official first day back at work, but to me it was. I worked hard last night to get everything packed and laid out for this morning. I packed Jack's diaper bag with bottles and clothes. I got Trent's blankets and extra clothes packed and ready. Matt put cheese biscuits with jelly in a ziploc bag for Trent's breakfast. I packed my lunch, and laid out clothes for me and both kids. Then I took an Ambien and read the first chapter of Eclipse. I turned out the lights at 10:02.
Then it happened. Jack woke up at about 3:00. He usually can put himself back to sleep by sucking his thumb, but this was not the case. Matt got up 2 or 3 times to change his diaper, give him a bottle, and put him in his swing. None of these things worked, so I drug myself out of bed and put him in his bouncy seat. It took a few minutes, but that did the trick. Then Trent got up at 5:30 to tell us his foot hurt. Matt said, "Why don't you get in bed with us for a few minutes?" and he moved over to give Trent room. Then Trent turned and high tailed it back upstairs to his room. He went back to bed. I am still wondering if he was sleep walking.
I got up to the alarm at 5:45 and hopped (actually I moved pretty slowly) into the shower. Then I got myself ready by about 6:25. While I was getting things together and measuring Jack's medicine, Matt found Brodie poop on the floor - 6 pieces of it! So what other drama could happen this morning?
Anyway, I made it to school by 7:15 and got busy getting ready for the day. Another teacher informed me that my interim had signed up for the basketball game today, but after much stress and lots of questions, I found out that was false. I don't have to work any games because she worked 2 games for me. :)
My kids were overall pretty good all day. I wore a new outfit and new shoes, but after lunch I changed into my tennis shoes. I actually haven't hurt much this week. But, last night my shoulder started hurting and today my feet and legs were hurting. I don't know if it's from the cold or the stress or the standing on the hard floors. I guess I will have to see how the week goes.
I did my school web page and other things that needed to be done, and I was out of the door at AMS by 3:35. I picked up both babies by 4 and was informed that Jackpot had a blowout diaper at school today. His little tummy is upset from the antibiotic. :( I hope he feels better soon.
Well, I am making chili for supper, and Matt just arrived home. He walked into our room to find Brodie puke on our carpet. Another thing to add to the drama of my first day back at work. Oh, well....
Oh, yeah, and ice is forming on the trees as we speak. I guess the least eventful part of my day was actually at school! What are the chances????

2 comments:

  1. I would just like to point out that it wasn't 6 piles of poop....Brodie, like I imagine a great deal of small dogs, like to start and then poop a little nugget out in multiple spots...so the 6 was all from one session.

    Didn't want people thinking we had a bunch of dog turds all over our house (like Ozzy Osbourne).

    Stupid dog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only Matt would call a dog pooping a "session" - and only Matt would feel compelled to explain just HOW much dog poop is in his house!!!

    ReplyDelete