Saturday, January 31, 2009

Trent's Girlfriend

Well, since Trent has moved to the 4's room he has come home talking about Sydney. He told us that she is his girlfriend, his best friend, and everything in between. On his first day in the 4's room he had an invitation to Sydney's birthday party at Pump It Up. I usually don't go to the parties of kids from Trent's class, but I knew that he would love this one. So.... we used it to make him act right for 2 weeks. :)

On Friday night, Matt helped Joey move his stuff out of his house, and he didn't get home and in bed until 2. Jack was up again from about 3 AM until about 4:30, and I was exhausted too. Matt was very sweet and let me try to get some more sleep. I got the kids ready and headed to Pump It Up in time for her party at 12:45 (right in the middle of Trent's normal nap time).

We took in our present. Oh, let me tell the story behind this. On Friday, I picked up the kids at about 4:30, and since Matt was helping Joey, I took them with me to get gas and go to Target for Sydney's gift. We got her a cute Barbie accessory kit, and I bought Tinkerbell wrapping paper and some Valentine's Nerds. I stole this ideas from Melissa Williams (props to her). I used the Nerds to make a number 4 as the bow of the present. Then I printed off a gift tag with Tinkerbell on it. Here is a picture of the gift.


I say all of this because as soon as I walked in with the gift, I had moms talking to me about it. It was a great ice breaker and made me look like "Creative Mom of the Year." I didn't know anyone at the party, but I ended up talking to other moms the entire party.

Trent was also very good. Jack was very fussy by the time Sydney started opening gifts, and Trent was ok with us leaving right after she opened his gift (which was the first one :)). I never thought this party would have gone so smoothly, but I was pleasantly surprised. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment