Saturday, January 3, 2009

Mother's Intuition

Well, Jack started having a runny nose and sneezing on Thursday, but I just figured it was a cold. Then Friday, he seemed a little worse. I really thought that I should take Jack to the Saturday clinic, but then I thought I might be overreacting so I let him sleep late. I called the nurse and asked her if I needed to do anything, and she said to put him in the bathroom with me while I took a shower and to go get a humidifier. Well, after my shower I felt Jack and he felt hot to me. Matt thought so too, so I checked his temperature (rectally). It was 103.2. I knew that I should have taken him to the doctor! I always fight my mother's intuition, and this is always what I get.
I took Jack to Urgent Care, and they weren't very busy. The doctor checked his ears, and he had an ear infection. They also took some blood the check his white cell count. He screamed and screamed during that process. It was just a finger prick, but then they squeeze and squeeze his poor little finger. :(
His blood count was good, so we got our prescription for Amoxicillin and were on our way home. The poor baby... Shame on me for not trusting my gut!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment