Monday, January 12, 2009

Trent's Busy Weekend

Well, you would think that my first weekend after being back at work would be easy. Wrong! Trent had a busy weekend planned which always involves the whole family in some way.

Friday night we went to the "Armadillo Place" (aka Texas Roadhouse) as a family and had a good meal. I saw a student from this year as well as several students from previous years in the restaurant. That is always fun because kids think that teachers don't really exist outside of school. They are SO surprised to see you in a normal environment.

Then Matt took Trent to the Monster Truck Show at the FedEx Forum. Trent had a BLAST! When he got home, he had no voice left. Matt said that he screamed the whole time and waved his flag whenever the announcer told him. He also got a Donkey Kong Monster Truck toy. They got home at about 10:40, and by the time Trent told me about it and he put on his kajamas (pajamas to Trent) it was after 11.



Trent at the Monster Truck Show


I actually had very little pain during my first work week, but Saturday morning was a different story. I woke up aching all over, and of course, the weather had turned COLD. I am sure this had something to do with my joints. Once I got going for the day, it got better. Joey came over and hung out while his house was being shown (and they got a contract on it - Yay for Joey!). He and Matt watched TV and played Xbox. He headed out about 1 or so, and we started getting ready for our busy afternoon.

We loaded up the boys and headed to Funcuts so Trent could get a haircut. He loves Brian, and I don't think we will ever be able to go somewhere else. :) Then we loaded back up and went to Target to get Parker a present and pick up a few miscellaneous items. I wrapped his present in the car (bag and tissue paper, of course) and headed across the street to Pump It Up. (Funny side note - Kelly's daughter Kenna calls it "Pump a Dump" which I find hilarious!)



Trent at "Pump A Dump" :)


Trent had a ball at the party. He loves to show out, and he got cupcake icing all over his face.



Our Little Showoff

Then, at the end of the party we had TOTAL meltdown. He was the ONLY kid crying when we left. That is always such a great feeling (I am sure you can sense the sarcasm in the that statement, right?), and we headed home. We got the kiddos in bed and both hit the hay pretty early for a Saturday night.

Sunday - clean, do laundry and fold it all (which Matt did 99%), give Matt a haircut, go to the grocery store, get ready for the new week. Busy, busy, busy for a weekend.

Today was another good day at work. I have no complaints so far and hope to keep it that way. Robin is substitute teaching at my school tomorrow. I am looking forward to seeing her there, and I have bunko tomorrow night. This should prove to be another busy week....



I forgot to mention that Matt has grown a beard. This is a picture at Pump It Up.

1 comment:

  1. I find it so funny that "Trent has a busy weekend planned!" But.. you are so right... when the "planner" is 3 1/2 - it DOES involve the whole family!

    So glad school is going good for you.

    ReplyDelete