Thursday, February 19, 2009

Crayons and Noses Don't Go Together....

Well, I have had a rough couple of days. I don't want to get into all of it, but here are some funny parts.

Background Info: Flight of the Conchords sings a song with the lyrics, "I Got Hurt Feelings."

Now, the last couple of days Trent has been a real handful with all the whining! Matt and I are making a united front and always "living up to" what we say we are going to do. Trent has gone to bed crying and lost a few crayons in the last week during this process.

Today, Trent came home and cleaned his room to get a Little Debbie snack. Since he started the afternoon off on a good foot, I printed out a Mr. Potato Head color sheet for him to color. I told him that if he stayed in the lines, his daddy would print another sheet for him when he got home. Here is the website for you other moms and grandmas who want it - http://www.coloring-book.info/coloring/


Here is Trent doing a GREAT job staying in the lines! (with his tongue out just like his mommy)

He was doing such a great job. Then Matt got home with dinner from Zaxby's. We ate our food, and then Jack and I headed to my school for the PTSA meeting. I was sitting in the quiet cafeteria filled with 100+ people when my phone started singing, "I can ride my bike with no handlebars, no handlebars, no handlebars." That was Matt's ringtone, and my face turned bright red. :)
I went into the hallway and called him back to find out that Trent had stuck a green crayon up his nose, and it was not coming out. Matt tried to get him to blow it out, he tried massaging down, and he tried with tweezers. Finally, he buckled Trent in and headed to the emergency room.

After the meeting at school, I headed home and tried calling Matt, but there was no answer. Once home, Joey explained to me the story of what happened, and then Matt called. He was in the car on the way home.

The story... Trent told Matt that he saw the guys with hurt feelings in his magazine in the bathroom. It took Matt a minute to catch on to what he was saying. Trent saw an article about Flight of the Conchords in Matt's Blender magazine. This made Matt start to really laugh which caused Trent to really laugh and PLOP! Out came the green crayon. Matt had already done all the paperwork and paid, but the people gave him his money back, and now we have this funny story to tell. :)

What a day!!!!

In closing, Jack has started falling asleep in his high chair A LOT lately. Here is a pic from yesterday that we thought was hilarious!

No comments:

Post a Comment