Sunday, February 1, 2009

Super Bowl Sunday

On Saturday night, Jack woke up crying at about 10:30. He kept crying, and at about midnight I convinced Matt to go with me to take him for a ride and buy some pacifiers. (Joey stayed at the house with Trent.) Well, Kroger, Schnucks, and Walgreens were all closed, so we had to go to Walmart. Walmart's selection was terrible, but I did get two different kids of pacifiers.

Once home, we put Jack in bed with his new pacifiers, but it didn't work either. I ended up staying up until past 3 AM with him. He finally passed out and slept until about 8 AM. I got up with him so Matt could sleep since he let me get some more sleep on Saturday. I have actually figured out that the reason I haven't "crashed and burned" from my lack of sleep is because of the Prednisone that I am taking for my RA. I guess that is the one good thing about that.

We worked to get ready for our Super Bowl get-together that night. I made some homemade chocolate chip cookies. I also made some of my homemade chicken salad for Robin's mom. She had a heart attack last Saturday, and I wanted to do something to help her out. Anyway, when all was said and done, I got NO nap even though I desperately needed one. Melasond and Floyd came. Joey stayed at the house for the game. And David and Nicole came with Parker and Caroline. Parker and Trent disappeared upstairs and played most the night which was nice. The only incident we had was a bouncy ball flying down the stairs. It bounced into the kitchen and hit Jack square in the forehead while I was holding him. We had to put the ball in timeout. :)

Jack had been up all day, and he was exhausted. Here is a picture of him while he was eating his supper.


How pitiful is that face?

He went to bed at about 8:15 and slept all night (the first time in a week).

No comments:

Post a Comment