Friday, November 21, 2008

Bitterly Cold

I awoke this morning to a bitterly cold day (29 degrees). With the cold came the aching pains all over. My hands and feet were the worst places, but I also had pain in my knees and hips. I guess the cold makes RA worse. I decided to go ahead and start all of the meds this morning. I took both of the medicines the doctor prescribed at about 7AM. I read that they may cause nausea, but I have had no problems with that.
I am actually feeling great. The pain in my hands and feet is minimal. It is only certain movements that cause any discomfort. And this minor discomfort I can live with. I hope that the treatment continues to be this effective as time passes. I will keep you updated.
My only concern at the moment is my oven. When we moved into this house, the former owners said that it was easy to lock the oven by pressing the button by accident. Well, that was a lie. The oven is broken. We almost believe that we have a ghost. It turns off in the middle of cooking, it locks unexpectedly (no buttons touched), the light blinks on and off, and other weird things. We have had people out to fix the oven on 6 different occasions. It is still not fixed. I told them I needed it in working order by Thanksgiving. And what is next week? Thanksgiving, of course. The guys are coming out again on Monday to attempt to fix it again. Please keep your fingers crossed for me. I really need BOTH of my ovens for Thanksgiving since we have company coming to our house. I will be sitting here with my cold fingers and toes crossed....

No comments:

Post a Comment