Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

First, I want to say that I hope everyone has had a great Thanksgiving with friends and family. We did! Nana and Pop (Matt's parents), Susan and Mark (Matt's aunt and uncle), Madison (Matt's cousin), and we had a very enjoyable day.
The last two days have been very busy for me. Yesterday, Matt and I did last minute cleaning and straightening up. I also cooked several desserts for Thanksgiving. I made a chocolate pie (Matt's Ging Gong's recipe), a buttermilk pie, and chocolate cupcakes for the kids to decorate. Trent and Madison (Matt's cousin - she's 10) decorated the cupcakes like turkeys. Matt gave me the idea from an email he got at work. They had a ball, and they really enjoyed the cleanup - licking the icing off their fingers. Later, after a supper of Taco Soup, Trent ate one of his cupcakes. After that mess, I have to say I don't know how his daycare teachers handle cleaning up 15 kids who eat cupcakes. Not a fun task at all...








This morning Trent was the first one up and got us all moving early. My part of dinner was sweet potato casserole, green bean wrapped in bacon, cream corn, deviled eggs, and macaroni and cheese. Matt got busy frying 2 turkeys. It's always funny watching Matt do stuff like that because he is such a germ-a-phobe. He washed his hands probably 200 times today. :)
We planned a 1 pm lunch, and we were all at the table eating at 1. Pretty impressive, huh?
Oh, and I almost forgot. The oven that was supposed to be fixed went on the fritz. It was blinking on and off. It wouldn't stay on for more that 2 minutes. Luckily, the bottom oven did work, but it made us have to be creative to have everything warm at once. The workmen are coming back AGAIN tomorrow. Since this will be their 9th trip, I think that should just get us a NEW double oven, don't you?
Well, we had a great day, and we are about to settle in to play some games..






.

1 comment:

  1. I bet yall had a wonderful time. I can imagine uncle Matt cooking raw turkeys. very funny!!!!!!!!! I bet that Trent had a really fun time making that turkey!!!!!!! I am so ready to see your guys!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!! Love, Hannah

    ReplyDelete