Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Demi Drama

In this case "demi" means half or small. I used this word because the drama I speak of is a three year-old's version of it. So, yesterday he took a Diego yogurt to school to eat for breakfast and took one of his plastic spoons. I told him to put the spoon in his cubby and bring it home. Trent follows directions really well (sometimes), and he brought the spoon home.
Once we pulled into the garage, I decided to clean out the Yukon and get Trent to help me out. Well, he really had to use the potty so I sent him in the house through the laundry room to our hall bathroom. Of course, he can't pee without his "bear" stool there for when he needs to wash his hands, so he went to the master bath and got his stool. Then he took care of business. This whole time I was in the garage working on cleaning the car, remember?
Then I hear him start screaming. It sounded like the cry of someone who had lost their best friend in the world. I ran into the laundry room and asked him what happened. He kept crying and saying, "sbpnnd" or something close to that. After I asked about ten times, he took my hand (he still hadn't pulled his pants up from using the potty while all of this is going on too) and takes me to the bathroom. He points in the potty and says, "my spoon." He was devastated because when flushing the toilet he accidentally flushed his spoon down. Of course, at this point I couldn't help but laugh which upset him even more. I had to reassure him that it would be ok AND that I would buy him another spoon to replace that one. Who would have thought this morning that a cheap, plastic, orange spoon could cause so much drama in one day?

No comments:

Post a Comment