Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving Hangover

Whew...
It has been a busy 3 days at the Gatewood house. The last of our company left a little while ago. The tenth load of dishes in the last 3 days is in the dishwasher. And now Matt and I are just lying around being lazy. And that is nice!
Today, Matt's relatives - Elsie, Milton, and Sylvia came over for another Thanksgiving meal. We warmed up leftovers, cooked a new pan of dressing, and I made fresh mac and cheese and deviled eggs. We had a good visit. I found out some new things. Sylvia is a drug rep, and she sees my endocrinologist a lot. She told me that he is from South Africa. I knew that he had an accent, but I never knew what it was. His son INVENTED Pay Pal. He also produced the movie, "Thanks for Smoking." Weird, huh? How many of you Memphians knew that the inventor of Pay Pal went to MUS? I guess you learn something new everyday.
Anyway, Trent had the BEST time ever this last few days. He loves his cousin Madison, and he didn't want to see her go. They were so sweet together. They traded Christmas presents before they left, so as soon as Trent wakes up from his nap we are going to watch Wall-E. None of us has seen it, so it should be fun. We hope that everyone has had a nice Black Friday. We have enjoyed not helping the stores have a good one. In case you didn't know, it's called Black Friday because stores are usually in the "red" at this point in profits, but today helps them make it into the "black." I have seen and heard that question three times in the last few days, so I thought that I would share...
By the way, yes we are wearing our MSU gear in the pics, but we would appreciate no comments about the game. We already know.....




1 comment:

  1. The pic of baby jack is soooo precious! What a cutie pie! Thanks for your blog help! Thanks to you I have put up the birthday tickers. I am so proud! I debated, like you, about a blog but I am loving it! See you in December. I am ready for a girls night!

    ReplyDelete