Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy

We have had a busy couple of days around our house. Sunday we started decorating for Christmas. We got a few things done and the house cleaned up from having Thanksgiving company. My parents (Nanny and Papaw) came up on Monday. We did the weekly trip to the grocery store and picked up Trent from school. Then he did a new 100 piece puzzle for Nanny and Papaw. This puzzle is of a dog and much harder than the Sponge Bob one he did before. After he finished that and his supper we finished decorating the Christmas tree.

Then the excitement began.... I bought Trent a bottle of Transformer bubble bath, and he was SUPER excited about using it. I ran his bubble bath, and he got in without any coaxing. While I was bathing Jack on the bathroom counter, Trent said that he needed to go potty. I called for Matt, and by the time he got in the bathroom (maybe a minute) we knew something was up. Matt washed Trent really quickly and told him to dunk his head to get the soap out of his hair. Trent said, "No, I will get bubbles in my eyes." That is what concerned us. Trent LOVES to go under the water. Well, Matt moved some bubbles and saw the problem - poop. Trent pooped in the tub... If you know Matt then you know this was not a little deal - THIS WAS A BIG DEAL! He took Trent out of the tub and put him in the shower. Then he went to cleaning the mess. He threw away the Transformer because it was in the tub at the time which caused a total meltdown from Trent. By the time we got Trent clean and in bed and Jack asleep and in bed, it was 10PM. Not a fun night...

Today my parents and I went Christmas shopping. I asked them what they wanted for presents, and they said a picture of the boys to hang on the wall. So I called Portrait Innovations and got an appointment. This added to my shopping list because I wanted to get matching outfits for the boys. After going to Sam's; Bed, Bath, & Beyond; Best Buy; and Kohl's, we heading home for lunch. We got the boys super cute matching outfits for their pictures. I ran to Trent's school and picked him up during his nap time to get him ready for the pictures. We got both boys dressed and in the car, and we left my dad behind to wait on Greenway to come and fix the oven AGAIN. The boys did well with pictures. Jack was great, but Trent doesn't make a cute face for pictures anymore. We have got to work on that with him. Then we got Trent a treat for being good and headed to Matt's office. We let Trent see where his daddy works, and then we hit 5 o'clock traffic which is NEVER fun. Anyway, once home we let Jack try cereal for the first time. I mixed it with bananas. He actually did pretty well with it. Here are some pics from the last few days...



See what I mean about his smile?


Jack ate the cereal much better than Trent did his first time


Trent liked putting ornaments on the tree


Trent loves playing with his Nativity set that his Nana gave him

1 comment:

  1. And...Trent's Nana loves seeing him play with them! I'm excited about starting the tradition with Jack this year.
    Fran

    ReplyDelete