Monday, December 29, 2008

Jack's First Day at Learning Tree



Brodie with Jack's turtle (from Tina)

Before I officially begin this post, I want to say how proud I am of Matt. He has been in a Football Pick 'Em Pool this year, and he WON! He won $500!!! Hopefully, he will use the money to buy himself a smoker because that is what he has been wanting...



Jack and Trent before school today

Now, today was Jack's 5 month birthday and his first day at daycare. Trent was VERY excited about his brother going to school with him, but Mommy was a little sad. It is hard to believe that my maternity leave is almost up, and I will be going back to work next week. I just pray that my RA gets better, and I have a good school year.

We took Jack and Trent to school at about 9 this morning. As usual, Jack was being his sweet self. We met his teachers and saw his room and his crib. Jack seemed to like his teachers when we left, so I was doing better than I thought I would.



Jack with one of his teachers in his room at Learning Tree

Good news - no tears today. I did miss Jack, but I took a long nap and cleaned up Christmas stuff, so I was busy most of the day. We went to pick him up at about 3:30. The first thing that his teacher said was, "He is the sweetest baby!" I already knew that, but I was glad to know that he was so good for them too. As soon as he saw me, he smiled and started giggling. Trent came down to see Jack's room with us, and he made Matt pick him up to see Jack's aquarium soother on his crib. It was cute.

Then we came home and asked Trent to clean up his room, playroom, and the Rock Band room (as he calls it). We told him we would go to Incredible Pizza Company if he did the cleaning. It took him about an hour, but he cleaned it all up. Then we headed to IPC.



How Jack spent most of the time at IPC

Trent had fun eating. He dipped his pizza in his ice cream and macaroni and cheese before he ate it, but at least he ate it.



Trent eating his pizza and ice cream


Then we went to let him play games. He had a blast. We managed to get him home without a meltdown, but as I am sure you understand the meltdown hit at bath time. Eventually, we got him calm and clean. Then Matt let him have some hot chocolate with marshmallows. We had both boys in bed by about 8:30. We are trying to get them conditioned for when I go back to work.

We have a big day planned for tomorrow. We are going to go look at trucks for Matt, get Jack a blanket for school, do some shopping, and get shock for the pool. This should make tomorrow easy for me too. I just miss my little man so much...



Matt and Trent at IPC



Trent playing a driving game


Trent on the carousel


Trent playing basketball - Daddy's Boy


Trent playing baseball

No comments:

Post a Comment