Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Steve happens....


This is Trent after he opened his early present from Santa

I have two things to talk about in this post, so my title is a mixture of both. It should make sense soon...

We recently got The Elf on the Shelf. This is the coolest thing ever! Or at least for the moment. If you haven't heard of it, let me explain. The Elf on the Shelf is a book about an elf that watches boys and girls each day and goes back to Santa at night to report. Once you get an elf, you have to name it. Trent named ours Steve. Then you put him on a shelf and don't touch it, or he will lose his magic. Each morning Steve chooses a new spot to stay for the day. This shows that he left to tell Santa about Trent. This tradition is already cracking me up. Trent is so nervous every morning to see if Steve came back. Also, anytime Trent is misbehaving we just point out Steve, and he straightens up. I really love this idea! I wish I had thought of it.
This is Steve sitting on the shelf


Second part to my post...

Jack has had no problem pooping since our trip. He pooped three times on Monday, and I had to change every one of those diapers. So, I told Matt that he had to change the next one. Well, last night I kept smelling something, and Matt said he didn't smell it. Well, I finally picked up Jack and told Matt he had to change him. Little did I know the mess that awaited. Jack had completely blown out of his diaper, and if you know Matt, you know this was quite an issue. Matt went through about half a tub of wipes and threatened to throw the outfit away. It's funny how things like this always seem to happen to Matt.... :)


Poop happens... Don't you love the smile on Jack's face?

2 comments:

  1. Jack is absolutely the happiest baby in the world!
    Fran (Nana)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if I have ever laughed that hard in my life! This is priceless!

    ReplyDelete