Thursday, December 11, 2008

Irony

Well, I can't tell you the number of times that I have wished for snow to have a day off of school, and on a very few occasions my wish came true...
I am sitting at my in-laws in Jackson, Mississippi watching it snow as I type. The only thing is - I want it to STOP NOW! We are supposed to be on the road to Dauphin Island, AL, but we can't go anywhere because my parents are snowed in and can't meet us to get Jack. So now I wait in limbo trying to decide whether we chance it and get on the road to DI after lunch, or do we pack it up and head back to Memphis?

This scenario reminds me of a vacation we tried to take in the not so distant past. We dropped off Trent and headed to Atlanta to the SEC Basketball Tourney. We were so excited about going and listening to the game on the radio as we drove. Then our friends Lick and Natalie (who were at the game) called to tell us that a tornado was hitting the Georgia Dome. Needless to say, we did NOT attend the SEC Tourney because it had to be moved and the public was not allowed. Well, it looks like our bad luck has followed us here today...

Here is picture of my parents' back yard in Centreville, Mississippi. For those of you who don't know where that is, Centreville is in the southwest corner of Mississippi and is one hour north of Baton Rouge, Louisiana.




Wish us "good" luck. We obviously need it!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment