Sunday, December 7, 2008

Lots to Catch Up On....

We have had a busy few days around here. My parents stayed all last week and helped me Christmas shop. My mom has a handicap sticker, so it was wonderful for me to not have so much walking to do. By Friday, my poor body was worn out! After they left, I had to go to UT Medical Group and get a TB skin test. I am not sure why I needed it, but I was just following doctor's orders. Then I ran a few errands and got stamps for our Christmas cards. I got a few things for Robin to embroider for Christmas, and I think my shopping is about 95% done. Yeah!

Friday night, we had Joey and Sarah over to watch "Dirty Driving." It was fun. We watched the show and paused and laughed. After that, we played Rock Band for a little while. Then we played spades. We drew for partners and Joey and I were on a team. We won which is always enjoyable for both of us to beat Matt at something. I went to bed at about 2:30 and I got Matt off of the couch about 4:30. And what time do you think Trent got up? 6:30, of course! Matt got up with him. He is a good man because he made it all day on about 3 hours of sleep. I would have NEVER made it.

Saturday we went shopping again to try to finish up. We went to Sam's and Bed, Bath, and Beyond. We only had one incident on those trips. At Sam's Trent rode in the buggy or held onto the side and rode. Well, at BB&B while we were putting Jack on a buggy, he jumped on the side of another one, and he ended up on the ground with a buggy on top of him! He was okay, just really scared and embarrassed. After some hugs and kisses on bobos, he was good to go. When we got home I made a Mexican casserole with hamburger, rotel, onions, taco seasoning, then corn, and Mexican cornbread on top. It was good, but it was VERY spicy. Trent couldn't handle it, and I couldn't eat a full serving, but Matt LOVED it. I will probably make it again with a few changes. It really was yummy!

Today, I took Trent to Kenna's 4th birthday. He was really excited because his "boyfriend" Parker was going to be there. He had a ball! On the way home, we went to Walgreens and got candy canes for the Christmas tree and marshmallows for hot chocolate. Here are a few pics that I thought were cute...


Kenna is in pink!

Trent and Parker (his "boyfriend")


Synchronized Swinging with Reese (his "girlfriend")


Trent on "his" dinosaur!

My favorite pic. How cute is this? They had no idea I took this picture...

No comments:

Post a Comment